Named as the next frontier of wellness, breathwork is an invaluable tool that none of us can afford not to have access to. It is an immediate and effective methodology for self-awareness, growth and personal transformation. If we know how to use the breath skillfully, it becomes a practical tool for supporting health, cultivating courage, compassion and creative thinking. Breathwork is now being researched and applied in the field of health, education, sports performance, business, creative arts and social activism.
This course is far more than a basic training in breathwork. It is deeply transformative on a personal level and will leave you with a very practical skillset that can be applied in your own life and shared with others.
It is a skill that can be integrated into:
- Business to optimise energy, productivity and mindful communication
- Health and healing, deepening the efficacy of other healing modalities and equipping clients to participate in their healing process
- Sports and personal training. Breath is a powerful way to access and express power of the body and mind
- Spiritual practice. Breathwork is at the foundation of many spiritual practices and traditions
This course is for you if you want to:
- Develop a practical skillset in breathwork that can be applied in every area of your life
- Create a solid foundation of knowledge and skills if you would like to further your career as a breathwork practitioner
- Integrate breathwork into your current skillset whether you are a health professional, psychologist, coach, trainer, yoga teacher, HR consultant, healer or teacher.
- Dates: 16 – 18 October 2020
- Venue: Zoom online
- Times: 10:00 – 16:00
- Cost: R5 000.00/$325.00
- Bookings: Marj Murray on 082 561 3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The breath in relation to the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system.
- Principles of Breathwork and how it relates to energy management.
- The Convergence of Awareness, Regulation and Transformation
- Basic Respiratory Anatomy and Physiology
- The Brain
- Healthy versus dysfunctional breathing patterns and how to identify them in others
- Using the Breath to re-pattern the body mind system.
- Mindfulness and the Breath
- Practical application of breathwork in various life and work situations
- Health: pain management, stress and anxiety, insomnia, hypertension, addiction
- Sports: Enhancing sports performance
- Healing and Spirituality: deepening spiritual states, activating the body’s innate healing potential
Dr Ela Manga is an integrated medical doctor committed to bringing heart back into the art of medicine. Her background in western medicine, study of wisdom traditions and deep curiosity has informed her unique approach to health and wellbeing.
Drawing on her intuition, experience and scientific enquiry, Ela partners with her clients to design individualised processes that support body, mind and heart. She provides a compassionate but challenging space for her clients in their journey to wholeness. Ela is a catalyst for change in the lives of individuals, groups and broader society.
In her first book, BREATHE: Strategising Energy in the Age of Burnout, Ela discusses her approach to mental, physical and emotional health through real-life case studies. Ancient wisdom and continuous research support her healing philosophy which is accessible and relevant to all. Ela is an expert in the field of energy management and uses modern medicine as a framework to delve deeper into the root causes of illness by drawing on safe and natural healing systems.
Ela is the only medical doctor in South Africa trained as Breathwork Practitioner and is the leading Breathwork Trainer in South Africa. Ela is the founder of Breathwork Africa, an organisation which advocates the use of breathwork for transformation on all levels and in all communities. Breathwork Africa offers training and support to practitioners who want to integrate breathwork into their daily life and take the message of breath further afield.